Friday, September 26, 2014

Finally, It's Pumpkin Time!



Here are some of my favorite images of pumpkins and fall in general  from the new issue by Cottage Journal called 'Holiday Home'. If you can find it you really should get this issue! 


They borrowed this fabulous french bowl from my shop and just look how pretty it is with all of their pumpkins, gourds and vegetables!


They have a wonderful staff and very talented stylists! 
It's always fun to see what they put together at Hoffman Media.
 In fact, they were actually at my own home this past Wednesday and I can't wait to see the pictures!


Even these simple lanterns look so good mixed in with pumpkins and mums.


Fall has always been one of my most favorite times of the year to decorate for. Finally, we've had a week of great weather and it's beginning to even feel like fall!


From different shades of orange…


to the greens and yellows of gourds it really is simple to pull together a great looking fall arrangement!


Look how pretty the berries look mixed in with it as well!


I am so excited that these handblown pumpkins were shown as well because they are arriving at my shop next week! Just in time for our big art show that's coming up!


Who doesn't love the white pumpkins? We usually have the real ones in the shop but we haven't gotten any yet….it really has been too hot to think about fall until this week!



Seriously, this is breathtaking and we actually have those candlesticks in right now!
 I wonder if they borrowed these as well? I can't remember!


Downtown we have a wonderful place that is owned by Charlie Thigpen and it's always a treat for me to stop by and take a look. I like to go in it when we are there for the farmer's market that is put on every Saturday until mid December, I think.


It's always a treat to see his innovative ideas as well ooh and ahh over his incredible gardening ability! 


He has a regular column in Southern Living magazine that is always interesting and sometimes downright entertaining!


I would say he was born with a green thumb!


As well as a lot of imagination! Hope you enjoyed a little Fall flare and pumpkins galore! I can't wait to share the Christmas decorating ideas that are also in this issue! 
To see more of Charlie's work you can see his website HERE.

Have a wonderful weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Autumn images Carolyn and I am so ready for fall!!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn...so good to see a post from you my friend! I LOVE these images and adore that magazine, it always takes me back to a simpler better time.I always say I was born in the wrong era.....so beautiful! Those white pumpkins really do it for me, just love them! Wishing you a wonderful fall day...and hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready for Pumpkin Time. Which means FALL weather to me. We are down in the 70's at night and mid 80's in the daytime, so it definitely feels like the seasons have changed. I also love Fall clothes. Just so beautiful this year. So much more casual with an elegant twist to everything which suits me fine. Sending love....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just was thinking today I need to go buy pumpkins...my favorite is the white ones...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it IS finally time for pumpkins. :) Congrats on the magazine feature! I know it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Wondering where those beautiful lanterns are from?

    ReplyDelete