Monday, July 1, 2013

It's Monday And I Need A Kick Start To My Week!

So….I thought I'd show you just a few of my favorite pics from our family vacation in Hilton Head Island just a mere 3 weeks ago! You're going to love it! 
It all started when Jim and I decided to go a day ahead of all of the kids…."To get the place ready!" You know, grocery shopping, cooking, unpacking…it's the best decision we've made in a long time! 
We loved that 24 hours to ourselves!


We loved the house when we drove up…loved everything about it!






But…when we walked in…all I could think of was TINA!!! I was wanting her to see this lovely blue and white ginger jar that sat alone on the kitchen island! It made my day! My husband didn't really "get it" but he let me take the pics and tell him all about Tina's love for blue and white!


I tried to be excited about the bikes….and the lovely home with the wonderful downstairs area for all of the kids to watch tv in, etc…I say kids like they're little! The youngest is 19 and the oldest is 30! (that doesn't include sweet 6 year old Layton of course!)



I loved that we were right on the beach…had a pool and had a swing set for Layton to play on! Not that she really had time to…but it was a nice idea!



But the more I went around the house taking pictures before it all got "messed up" with everyone arriving the more I saw blue and white at every turn! I simply couldn't help but think of anything else except for Tina's love for blue and white!


The planters outside were blue and white….


The lamps on the outside patio downstairs were blue and white!



Even the ocean and the sand and the umbrella were calling out blue and white to me…yes…those were my first impressions on arriving at our lovely home for the week in Hilton Head! It was funny to me and it was also fun to understand the love someone would have for blue and white! I get it…I have that love for brown and white…for black and white…Transferware that is! But I still get it!




As we enjoyed ourselves at the home all alone…and began to set up "camp" for the week…we were mesmerized with the beauty that draws our family back each year…we were excited to make new memories...



And we were greeted by our loyal friends….they seem to return year after year! Just like us!







Wonder if they love this home for all of it's blue and white as well? I would venture to say they love it for all of it's lush foliage! It's such fun to watch them! They truly are mesmerizing! 


I can't believe I haven't said something about this part of our trip yet…I remember distinctly walking in and seeing this fabulous kitchen and thinking that the gorgeous blue and white ginger jar was almost smiling at me!
I remember thinking…." I cannot wait to blog about this!"


We had such a great family trip! So far…I would say it was my favorite one ever! I hope we can continue to go back but if not, I know for certain we can make special memories wherever we are!


I'm so very thankful for my family! I'm so thankful for vacations where we can spend quality time together! I'm looking very forward to our trip to New Orleans this week to stay with Holly and Brad! I hope to have lots to report about! I need to shop…for my shop….I need new ideas and I need to have fun with my kids in a laid back atmosphere to bring back these great memories of summer! 


I certainly hope that if you don't know who "Tina" is as I've been talking about her throughout this post…that you will check out her incredible blog HERE! It is amazing!
I sure hope there is something to report on after this 4th of July adventure in NOLA! And Yes…it is ALWAYS an adventure there!
 I also hope you read the post on Wednesday…we are detouring from the Birmingham designers to the NOLA designers…one of my all time favorites!
XOXO and Take Care!



10 comments:

  1. I love your vacations pics! The house looks gorgeous and I knew exactly who you meant when you mentioned Tina! So funny! You and your beautiful family looked like they had a memorable trip!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful trip, beautiful family, and amazing home! This was pure eye candy! Thank you so much for thinking of me with the blue and white:) I can see they love it too..and it all looks gorgeous! Your family looks like an ad for a perfect family....you are all so great looking!!
    Happy you enjoyed, what a fabulous home to vacation in. Thanks for sharing and thinking of me while you were away:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn...what an amazing home to stay at and such a beautiful family....looks like the perfect family vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place/pool is fabulous! I always get so inspired when I travel. Sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carolyn what a great place to have a family holiday and lucky you to have your family around for your holiday. Oh I knew who you were talking about when it came to the blue and white, it could be none other then Tina. I hope you have a wonderful time in Nola, love it there! Happy Fourth!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, I am so happy that y'all had a great trip. Everything was gorgeous!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like the perfect spot for a family vacation. Would you mind sharIng where the home is located & if it is for rent. I would love to find a place like this to get my family together.

    Thank you.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Carolyn -

    First of all, gorgeous family portraits! Coming from a very large family, I especially cherish and love family gatherings. And I know that you do, too. I feel that connection with you as we are both family oriented.

    What a wonderful house - very gracious! Looks really comfortable, too. I love that outdoor veranda. The setting is beautiful and so serene. What a view!

    And many congratulations on the shop shoot with Hoffman Media. I hope you'll share the final photos, if possible.

    We are headed to Maine, so I'm gonna wish you a wonderful and safe 4th ahead! :)
    Take care,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, any chance you can email me the rental info on this house? It looks like a perfect vacation spot. Thanks! Jamiep44@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! That of a fantastic excursion, gorgeous household, along with wonderful house! This was real attention chocolate! Thanks a lot with regard to thinking about me personally together with the orange as well as white:) I can see they like it way too..plus it just about all appears stunning! Your household appears like an advertisement to get a excellent family members....you're just about all delicious searching!!

    Runescape 2007 Gold
    World of Warcraft Gold Kaufen
    cheap blade soul gold

    ReplyDelete