Friday, June 26, 2015

Oh, To Be In Kiawah Island Again!


This summer really started off with a bang....and now it seems to be fizzling out! Actually, I'm pretty sure it's been "sizzling" here in Alabama thanks to our relentless heat and humidity!
 But...I'm not complaining! 


I'm actually just taking a break today as we seem to have been on a fast track pace these last few weeks. Today I finally sat down to just re-group. In the past 3-4 weeks we have helped our daughter and her husband pack up their house in New Orleans to move to Houston, driven to Fairhope, Al and then on to our beach place in Destin, FL and then flown to Houston to help get them settled. On top of all of that my dear, faithful employee sold her house and retired from my shop last week. To say it's been a roller coaster ride of emotions is putting it lightly!
( oh, did I mention the stress of watching your son apply to medical school?)
 Therefore....I decided today to think back to that wonderful week of vacation we had in Kiawah Island, South Carolina while attending a beautiful wedding in Charleston this past April.


We started off at The Sanctuary hotel on Kiawah Island. 
It is truly spectacular!





It oozes Southern charm and hospitality! If you ever get a chance to go I highly recommend it!


You are greeted like royalty when you enter the main level foyer which is surrounded by beautiful antiques furnishings, gorgeous fabrics and exquisite paintings. Jackye Lanham did a remarkable job with the details of the interior design.  


With an on sight florist it's no wonder there are stunning arrangements at all times!


Of course I couldn't resist taking a picture!


This grouping of Adirondack chairs was so appealing to me! I just loved it when I found it completely empty and Jim and I had it all to ourselves!



Everything about this place was just incredible! And the weather could not have been any better! Sometimes in April you never know but this time it all worked quite well! Even for the wedding!



We spent most of our time there either on the beach....



Photographing the beach....






Photographing our shadows....lol!




Or riding bikes on the beach! My personal favorite!




And luckily, we never did see any alligators!


Our view from our balcony was just splendid!


Once we left Kiawah we went straight over to Charleston for a few nights. We loved exploring with our daughter and her husband and we found several really yummy restaurants.





This one was a huge hit!



Finally, it was time for the wedding!
 And oh, what a beautiful wedding it was!




Weddings are such a fun time to be together and reunite with old and dear friends!







Well, that's all I've got for now! Thankful for these wonderful memories to reflect on and thankful for that time we got to spend together alone on Kiawah as well as with family and friends in Charleston. And yes, just relaxing and reflecting today has already made my spirits feel a little lighter and better!
 I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend! 















7 comments:

  1. Wow you have been two very busy people, this last month. That wedding was gorgeous and now I want to stay at that gorgeous hotel on the beach!! I need to put this on my list of places to visit for sure,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn what a great getaway and venue for any event!! Of course I love anywhere on the water!!
    Have a fabulous weekend!! Come visit when you have time!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn what a gorgeous post !! The town wonderful and that wedding.. stunning! xo Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to have a wedding. YOur photos are amazing and I felt as though I was right there! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn I s o enjoyed this post as I AM SITT I NG HERE IN THD HOSPITAL RECOVERING FROM A HIP REPLACEMENT. We so enjoyed our trip to Charleston! Thanks for sharing!,

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a beautiful post...we were there last year and it was so so beautiful, Love it there!! Then that wedding, how stunning. From top to bottom this was a chock full of beauty post...what a great way to start the summer, hope you are staying cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete