Monday, September 19, 2011

For the Love of Old:
Tattered and Worn Page Bundles

For those of you who would willingly throw out your Kindle for a few hours alone with a book and who find beauty in the old dog-eared pages of your favorite novel, this decorating accessory is for you!


Mrs. Carolyn found some of the most beautiful old bundles of tattered and worn old pages.  Some are pages of old accounting ledgers, and some are old copies of manuscripts like the above bundle of Dante's Inferno. Either way these bundles bring such warmth to a side table!


We have this bundle sitting right inside our door, and people keep stoping to admire.  Until we placed this over in the corner, people were neglecting this beautiful corner, and now its a focal piece.


I love having people over for dinner so my first thought was, "How can I bring these to the table?"


They make for such a fun place card holder. This little unexpected touch is a great way to bring some vintage charm to each place setting while still doing something unexpected!


I even love them tossed into this beautiful container along with several boxwood balls.  I love to see something so old along side of something living.

The thing that is so great about the few bundles that Mrs. Carolyn found is that they are at such a great price! You'll just have to come see for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. Y'all. I lovvvvve these!! I haven't been able to stop by yet, but I will HAVE to check these out when I do! So unique.

    ReplyDelete